Your Ad Here

Friday, November 9, 2007

Flash mouseover menu-need help

I am working on a website for my graphic design class, and all is going well, however I have come to a problem that I just cant see why it isnt working the way I want it to.

(using Actionscript 2.0)
I have a MovieClip (lets say Hover1) animated as a mouseover (works fine) that animates, when hovered over, for a menu to appear (works fine) what I am having the trouble with is getting each of the menu items to function.

script used wrote:
menuitem1.onRollOver = function() {
menuitem1.gotoAndPlay("_over");
}

menuitem1.onRollOut = function() {
menuitem1.gotoAndPlay("_out");
}


I have this on the actions layer of Hover1, not on Scene 1. (this is what I am unsure of)


Desired effect: Each menu item (which is just text that has been made MovieClip Symbols) does not need to be a button, they are just mouseovers, which again animate more information to appear. (This I have already animated within the menu item symbols)

Problem: The menu animates fine when hovered over, the menu items, however, do not have any response at all. I think it may be a problem with where I have the scripting.

I cant find any problems with the labels or scripts themselves. Any help would be fantastic.

Topic Replies: 1

Read More...

[Source: Ozzu - Posted by Kishore Vengala]
Your Ad Here

No comments: