Your Ad Here

Thursday, November 1, 2007

How to switch off Motherboard Beeping? [SOLVED]

I have a laptop with linux on it that just keeps beeping all the bloody time. When gdm starts, when the machine switches to runlevel 6 to reboot, when I tab complete a command!

The system works, but it is amazingly annoying.

To stop the beeping on the tab completion I have added

CODE:

set bell-style none


to /etc/inputrc which takes care of the beeps that were happening every minute of usage - but gdm, reboot and everything else still beep.

How do I kill all beeps in the OS?

EDIT: its ok, I found that disabling pcspkr module does the trick

Topic Replies: 0

Read More...

[Source: Ozzu - Posted by Kishore Vengala]
Your Ad Here

1 comment:

vineet said...

hey gud posts man..............

u can check my 2 4 softwares my blogname is-


everbestsoftwares.blogspot.com

try it

n do leave a comment