Your Ad Here

Monday, November 12, 2007

MySQL Problems.Either phpMyAdmin is going crazy, or I am!

I have phpMyAdmin 2.11.0 installed on top of MySQL 4.1.22. This morning I was using phpMyAdmin to edit some values in the database. I have a table in the database that hold contact information. There is a field in this table called day_phone that is an int(10) NOT NULL and DEFAULT of 0. While inputing a new phone number I accidentally typed a hyphen after the area code. When trying to insert the value was expectedly truncated. However, when trying to input the value again, something very strange happed. After the new value was inserted all of the phone numbers in the day_phone field turned into the same number. The number that it changed into is from a field that was inserted several months ago. So, now i have to go back through an re-insert those numbers. But I want to make sure this doesnt happen again. Does anyone know whats going on?

Topic Replies: 0

Read More...

[Source: Ozzu - Posted by Kishore Vengala]
Your Ad Here

No comments: