Your Ad Here

Friday, February 20, 2009

Act 6.0 & Winfax - Symantec End Point - HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I need some big time help here. I will try to explain the issues, and hope that someone can help me sort thru this. I am running Windows XP Pro on my PC.
This all began with installing Symantec End Point. I had problems with the installation, so it was suggested that I use Clean Wipe 4 to remove remnants of old log files. All seemed to go well. Then I attempted to send a fax using Winfax. I have it integrated with Act 6.0. The first problem I noticed was a Fax/Modem Alert Message: Failed to read message variables. The only option there is an OK button. Behind that was a WinFax Pro Logging Warning: Phonebook Act Gary (this is my database). Opening the Act file Gary failed. Database failed to open. Event sent successfully. The faxes are being delivered, and the data is being recorded in Winfax, but not in Act. I have checked the settings in Act, and they all seem to be correct to make this happen, as it has been happening for several years. Upon inspection of WinFax, I discovered that all phonebooks, with the exception of My Phonebook were now inaccessible. When attempting to access any other phonebook from other Act database files, a call failed message is displayed. I tried all the tricks from the Symantec Forum, with no success. I uninstalled and reinstalled WinFax, with the same result. I hope this will make sense to someone, as I am completely frustrated with this entire situation.

Gary.

Read More...
Your Ad Here

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Genial dispatch and this enter helped me alot in my college assignement. Gratefulness you for your information.