Your Ad Here

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Installing on new HDD but accessing old one

I just added a new HDD to my rig, Im doubt this is possible but is it possible to put a fresh instal of XP on the new HDD, then hook up the old HDD that has my current install on it and have the new XP read the files on the old one. The old one has gotten cluttered (and is a 7 year old install, with so many hardware changes its just a mess), so backing up files would just be so counter productive.

The only other way I can think of easily getting a clean install is cumbersome of disabling 1 HDD at a time, and trasferring files on a Flash drive and unstalling programs on the old instal as I go along until I figure out everything I do and don't need.

Read More...

[Source: Code Forums - Posted by Kishore Vengala]
Your Ad Here

No comments: