Your Ad Here

Thursday, February 26, 2009

undeletable folder

Hi, I managed to make an invincible folder on my desktop by renaming it alt[0160] (when you hold alt and press numpad keys to make special characters). It looks like just a spacebar, dont go and test it now or you will have the same problem I do...

Anyway, this folder is really odd. Its properties have read only set, when I untick this it resets itself back to read only. Moving the folder or deleting it doesnt work. I used the command line and tried rmdir and apparently I do not have permission to delete it. I tried connecting my hdd to another windows machine and the same problems occur. Then I considered booting into linux to try it but ubuntu, debian and dsl all encounter a kernel panic when I try to boot them on my hardware.

Does anyone know how I can get rid of this annoying folder?

Read More...
Your Ad Here

No comments: