Your Ad Here

Thursday, March 26, 2009

Recovery issues

Long story short:

Decided to scrap a table in my DB, hit the drop button, PHPmyadmin decided to delete the whole DB without confirmation instead of confirming I wanted to delete the table. Fortunately, I synced my local copy with the one on my site's server this morning, so I've only lost a day's worth of data (theoretically).

That said...

I've tried doing an SQL dump to import from the server to my laptop directly. It says I hit my memory limit, and nothing worth bothering with shows up. I tried downloading it as an .sql file, all of 844kb, and it bombs on me in spite of the fact that it says the max size is 2,048 KiB. Trying to do an SQL dump of one table at a time isn't having any more success; I ended up getting just 2/3 of the first table before it decided it hit its memory limit.

So, what is there that I can do, that doesn't involve putting all the data in manually? If I need to change any configuration files, I'm running OS X on my laptop.

Read More...
Your Ad Here

No comments: