Your Ad Here

Monday, February 9, 2009

Windows 7 beta

I decided to try out the beta, but I can not get it to install. It boots up from the cd, but once it hits the Starting Windows screen it stops. I've waited atleast 15 minutes with no activity.

Figuring it might have been a problem with the 64 bit version I tried doing the 32 bit, same problem. I googled it and found other threads with poeple having the same problem but no solution.

I can think it might be a RAM problem(although XP boots just fine), Im going to run a memtest soon.

I doubt that both times i downloaded / burned that it could have been corrupted.

I bought a new HDD to try out the beta and was planning on dual booting, even tried unplugging the XP hard drive still no success.

I'm going to see if I can have a friend burn me a copy of the beta that they downloaded just to eliminate corrupted download / burn off the list, but Im just at wits end. Any ideas?

Read More...

[Source: Code Forums - Posted by Kishore Vengala]
Your Ad Here

No comments: