Your Ad Here

Monday, February 9, 2009

XP Home on 64-bit ?

My neighbor was hell bent enough on having me play some games with them online that they got me a copy of Windows XP home (w/SP2).

The problem is that I have an AMD64 system and Im worried that this Home edition of XP isnt going to work, and if it doesnt were stuck with software we cant return, software that wasnt cheap as far as software goes.

They seem to think it will work, Im not so sure because Ive seen versions of XP that explicitly say for 64 bit on them not to mention the copy of Ubuntu I have on here already was an alternate download.
But Im wondering if perhaps the basic stuff is in place that would allow me to use Windows update to be up and running.

I DO NOT want to open the box until Im 100% sure, my neighbor paid $200 for it...

Read More...

[Source: Webmaster Forum - Posted by Kishore Vengala]
Your Ad Here

No comments: