Your Ad Here

Friday, April 17, 2009

problems downloading IE8

Hello people,

Sorry if this is in the worng forum, but I am new here.

I have a problem and hoped someone could help me out.

I will try to describe this the best I can. I am using xp with sp3 and previously had ie7.
Yesterday, I tried to download ie8 but the download was interupted by my daughter pressing buttons on the keyboard.

Now I cant open ie at all. It tries to open but the window just dissapears.

I can still connect to the internet from the same computer and browse websites etc. through AOL.

I contated AOL for assistance and they told me IE8 is not compatible with the AOL software and it was a simple case of reinstalling IE7 and all would be fine.

I tried to do this but when I went to the microsoft website I could get as far as the download button, click it and nothing would happen. I have tried this several times. I have also tried to restore the computer back to before the time I tried to install IE8 but this is not helping.

I phoned AOL again who told me it was not an AOL problem as I was able to do everythinge else normally.

I do have an icon in the system tray stating that Local Area 2 connection has limited or no connectivity (4.4 mpbs ) and also cant open the internet options icon in the control panel.

I have tried to download some other stuff to find out if that works but no joy.

(ps I did use the microsoft website to install it so should not have picked up any nasties )

Any assistance you could give me in repairing this would be much appreciated.

Read More...
Your Ad Here

No comments: