Your Ad Here

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Repair CD/DVD Writer

Does anybody know of any utility that will repair the registry entrees in XP for Optical Drives? Or heard of anything just refresh it to when windows was first installed?

I have a Samsung WriteMaster that Ive owned for a few years. Problem is, I used to use Daemon Tools on my machine and when I uninstalled it, it corrupted something in the registry and I cant get the burner to be recognized fully by windows. Windows can "Eject" it, but thats about it. I get an "E: is not accessible." "Incorrect function." error, when I try to open it where it should normally say "Please insert a disk into drive F:". The writemaster and my other optical drive were like "overlapped" on each other, when I changed the volume letter, only then did it even see the other one.

Ive tried all kinds of things.
- Ive tried doing a few microsoft fixes, deleting upper and lowers in the registry. That worked the first time it was corrupted, it didnt work this time.
- Ive removed device from device manager, moved around drive letters, scanned for changes, uninstalled, enabled disabled, rebooted.
- I even went into the registry again and deleted some corrupt keys and stuff.
- In the past (the first time this happened), I managed to flash the firmware, mess with a couple reg keys and it worked. However now I cant, because its so screwed up that it doesnt even recognize that the drive is the right one, so the software for flashing wont even let me flash.

Its getting a weird name too that its not supposed to get when windows installs the drivers. There is no software drivers I know of for this thing. Only firmware, and unless daemon tools corrupted it, that should be fine.

Read More...
Your Ad Here

No comments: