Your Ad Here

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Trouble Reinstalling

My laptop recently got a virus and I cant use Windows at all (when it turns on it just shows my wallpaper without ANYTHING elce on screen and when I do Task Manager it says its been disabled). So I start up with my boot disk to recover my system, I want to do a clean install. But like always, this are never made easy with Windows.

There are three options:
Install Windows
Recover Windows or
Exit Without Installing Windows.

I tried the recover one first and it got me to a dos black screen and listed "1. CWINDOWS" and then it said which one id like to log into. I said 1 and pressed enter and all it gives me is the same thing "CWINDOWS>" and it asks me for the admin password, I dont know if such a think so I just pressed enter leaving that blank. Then it gives me the CWINDOWS> prompt and lets me type but I have no idea what to do. So I booted again and I went with the other option.

When trying install Windows it seemed as if everything was going OK, it installed it again, and launched it and I see my old Account is still there in the login screen. Meaning it didnt do a clean install at all. And then it tells me "An error has occurred when trying to validate Windows, please activate it" or something along those lines. But ofcource, it cant activate because it doesnt have an internet connection and when i clikc activate by Phone, it says call this following number: and it gives me NO FREAKING NUMBER. THE SPACE IS BLANK!.

SO HOW THE HECK DO I CLEAN MY WHOLE HARDDRIVE AND INSTALL A NEW COPY OF WINDOWS. I just dont understand why this process is so hard. Anyone has any ideas for me so I can actually recover my laptop. All my work stuff depends on me having a laptop and its very inconvenient. Thanks soooo much to anyone that can offer any help on this.

Read More...
Your Ad Here

No comments: