Your Ad Here

Monday, March 9, 2009

Computer crashing

Hi guys, I have 3 drives installed and my 3rd drive (F drive) which is 250gb i think it is having some problems recently.. i try to move a file to F drive and my computer freezes up and when i go to Event Viewer it gives me this message:

An error was detected on device DeviceHarddisk1D during a paging operation.

So i dont know what to do now, Is there any free software that i can run on it ? And if the hard disk is damaged in any way then is it possible for a software to block the part of the harddrive which is bad and use that part which is still good ? Because this issue only started to arise once the harddrive was 90% full.. after that i deleted a few files but still i have the same problem.

Also when i try to run Disk Defragmenter it says "Disk defragmenter has detected that chkdsk is scheduled to run on Volume F Please run chkdsk /f"

But ive restarted my computer many times it always ran chkdsk before logging on and it found alot of errors on F drive and then the chkdsk is completed but the error is still not going away so i could defragment my drive.

Read More...
Your Ad Here

No comments: