Your Ad Here

Monday, March 9, 2009

VAMP problems

It seems my apache on my vista machine has stopped working. Ive restarted and started apache services and rebooted the computer.

Everything is a fresh install and had been working nicely.

I made a new drive partition G: and installed my VAMP. So, I would normally get to a site on my vista machine by going to http://localhost/foldername/index.html and I just get an internet explorer can not display the webpage like if I was trying to go to an actual website but was not connect to the internet.

Of course, G:webserverhtdocsfolernameindex.html will take me to the page.

Is it something to do with using localhost but Im not sure what to use instead of localhost because Im viewing the pages from the same ip address? My computer is connected to the internet too via DHCP so Im sure my ip changed, but Im on viewing the pages from the same machine my G: drive is on.

Please let me know some steps to take to diagnose this problem better for you guys and/or fix it. Many thnx.

Read More...
Your Ad Here

No comments: